TERMITE INSPECTIONS BLUE MOUNTAINS
Don’t risk your biggest asset. Book a termite inspection today.
ANNUAL TERMITE INSPECTIONS
Annual termite inspections are highly recommended. Our thorough termite inspections include all inside, outside, roof void and sub-floor areas of your home.
PRE-PURCHASE (Visual Timber Pest) INSPECTIONS
Buy and sell your home with confidence by conducting a pest inspection prior to sale. Our detailed reporting and fast turn-around times will give you peace of mind.
TERMITE TREATMENT PLANS
If we find termites at your property we’ll recommend an effective treatment plan tailored to your home and your family.
Australian homes are structurally damaged by termites every year.
Australian properties will be affected by termites at some stage.
The estimated annual dollar value to repair termite damage in Australia.
Safeguard Your Biggest Investment
We can help safeguard your home or business.
We’ll thoroughly inspect in and around your property and provide a comprehensive report detailing any problems and recommend a treatment plan.
If we find evidence of active termites, or the potential for them, we will discuss the best solution for your unique situation.
After your treatment plan is in place, we will continue to monitor and protect your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are termites, and what do they eat?
Termites are social insects that build large nests in soil or wood. They are sometimes called ‘white ants’, however they belong to a completely different insect group (Order Isoptera) to true ants (Order Hymenoptera).
There are over 300 species of termites in Australia. Subterranean termites cause most of the damage in Australia. They feed off cellulose-containing materials like timber and gyprock.
Termites don’t just eat away at structural timbers, they can also eat their way through furniture, paper products and fabrics.
You may not see any signs of termites until it’s too late! The only way you can be sure you don’t have termites is to have a Timber Pest Inspection.
How many homes are affected by termites?
- 1 in 3 Australian properties will be affected by termites at some stage.
- 140,000 Australian homes are structurally damaged by termites every year.
- It is estimated the cost to repair the damage caused by termites every year in Australia is over $100,000,000.
How do I know if I have termites?
Termites aren’t always easy to spot, but here are a few signs that termites might be in your home:
- Visible mud shelter tubes they build for protection. These can sometimes be seen in brick foundations or architraves.
- Hollow-sounding timber (meaning they have eaten away at the timbers)
- Sagging floors, ceilings and roofs.
- Cracked paint or plaster (as termites eat away at timber, affecting its structural integrity, it causes cracks in paint and plaster).
- Power failures (termites are attracted to the warmth of electrical fittings behinds walls).
Do termites affect new homes?
Yes, they can! The age of a home is no deterrent. The team at Wise Pest Control have found termites in homes less than six months old.
If you suspect termite activity in your home, it’s best to have a professional termite inspection as soon as possible to determine the appropriate action plan.
Will you be able to treat the termites if you find them?
Yes. Our team, led by Paul Kennedy, can carry out a Termite Treatment plan if one is required.
How can I reduce the risk of termites?
- Fix any moisture problems like poor drainage, leaking showers, leaking pipes or inadequate subfloor ventilation.
- Check your home surroundings making sure trees and garden beds are away from external walls, building edges, weepholes, and slab edges. Keep the area under your house clear. Don’t store furniture, timber, or boxes in the subfloor area of your home.
- Remove any wood that is in contact with the ground and close to the house.
- Isolate firewood from the ground to minimise the risk of termite activity.
- Get regular Professional Pest Inspections and follow their advice to reduce your termite risk. It is recommended that you have a thorough Pest Inspection at least once a year, or more often if you live in areas of high termite risk.
What should I look for when choosing a Pest Inspector?
Choose a well-established locally based business that’s familiar with your unique local environment.
Wise Pest Control has served the Blue Mountains community for over 30 years. We have an intimate knowledge of our unique natural environment and will only recommend a treatment plan that is safe for your family and the environment.
Is Wise Pest Control part of an industry association?
Yes. Wise Pest Control is an active member of the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association.
Are you licensed and insured?
Yes. Our team are licensed and have current Professional and Public Liability Insurance.
Are Termite Treatments safe for my family and pets?
Yes. The termite treatment products used by Wise Pest Control are environmentally aware and are safe for your family and pets.
Protecting your home and business the safest way possible.
With over 30 years’ experience working with families and businesses throughout the Blue Mountains, we know when and where to look for pests and how to get rid of them, fast.
We only use pet-friendly, environmentally responsible, low-tox options for the eradication of pests.
We are an active member of The Australian Environmental Pest Management Association.
You can rest assured your family and pets are safe with us.
Our Service Guarantee
We’ll treat your home and business as if it’s our own
We’ll turn up on time, at a time that suits you
We’ll give you a thorough report including our findings and recommendations
If further work needs to be done, we’ll give you a detailed quote
We’ll only use the latest environmentally friendly testing and remediation techniques